This fund provides one-time financial assistance to individuals and families who have lost jobs or significant income due to COVID-19 to help pay for overdue rent, mortgage and utility bills. Residents can text COVIDCARES to 898211 to apply for assistance.
Eligibility for Individuals
Documentation of the following will be required for all requests:
Job or income loss directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. your workplace shut down under state or local orders): You will be required to provide documentation. Examples: paystubs, a letter from employer, proof of employer business closure.
Income restrictions apply: For example, income for a 1-person household cannot exceed $2,127 (or $4,367 for a 4-person household) during the month in which the assistance is applied for, with no more than $4,000 in liquid assets (cash, savings and checking).
Pinellas County residency: proof may include driver’s license or utility bill with current address.
Legal Status: proof of U.S. Citizenship, including naturalized citizens, or other legal residency status (i.e. permanent residents).
Pinellas CARES Financial Assistance will be managed by 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares and Pinellas County. Learn more at this covid19.pinellascounty.org/pinellascaresindividual/ or call 2-1-1 directly.
Pinellas CARES Small Business Grants will assist local businesses that had to close or significantly reduce operations due to the pandemic and the resulting statewide orders to curb the spread of the virus. Grants are limited to businesses with a commercial location in the county.
This program will offer $5,000 grants to small businesses to cover expenses such as employee wages, vendor bills and mortgage or rent costs.
This program is strictly limited to businesses physically located in Pinellas County.
$5,000 for qualifying small businesses with a physical location in Pinellas County (1-25 full-time employees, or equivalent part-time employees, including the owner)
- Restaurants, bars, short-term lodging and other non-essential businesses impacted by the local or state safer-at-home orders are eligible
- Larger businesses, non-profits and home-based businesses are not eligible
- Funds can be used to pay employee wages, vendors, rent or other business expenses
- No reimbursement is required
- Businesses can only apply for this one-time assistance program to cover COVID-19 related costs that have not already been paid for by insurance or by another federal program.
Starting Monday, May 4, eligible small businesses will be able to apply online. Those interested in participating in this program are encouraged to review all qualifications before applying to expedite the process. Information is available at covid19.pinellascounty.org/business/
PINELLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
ADOPTED RESOLUTION 2020-20 - "SAFER AT HOME" ORDER
Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners passed a “Safer at Home” Order on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, which will be effective at noon on Thursday, March 26, 2020. Residents are still requested to practice social distancing.
If a business is not part of the identified exemptions that are part of this Order, actions should be determined by the business owners as outlined in the County’s Resolution 2020-20, which can be viewed at https://bit.ly/COVID19SaferAtHome.
OLDSMAR STATE OF EMERGENCY &
On Monday, March 16, 2020, Oldsmar Mayor Eric Seidel and City Council held an Emergency Meeting regarding the coronavirus. During that time, the Mayor read his Proclamation of Emergency, and Resolution 2020-05 was subsequently passed. This Resolution declares a state of local emergency for Oldsmar as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. It provides for the waiver of procedures and formalities as required by law, pursuant to Florida Statute Chapter 252.
The declaration of a municipal emergency is part of the City’s ongoing efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and will ensure the municipal government can continue to act and respond quickly to the pandemic and any other events that arise in the weeks ahead. Since that time, EXECUTIVE ORDERS have been issued, which can be viewed under our Public Notices website page at www.myoldsmar.com/692/Public-Notices.
The City of Oldsmar appreciates the cooperation and patience our community has continued to show. These resources are a means to assist Oldsmar residents and businesses during this trying time.
BUSINESS FEDERAL RESOURCES - ECONOMIC
- DEALING WITH COVID-19
- OSHA/HHS GUIDANCE
- DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
- DEPARTMENT OF LABOR
- SBA DISASTER GUIDANCE
- SBA ECONOMIC INJURY DISASTER LOANS (EIDLs)
- US DEPT. OF LABOR FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE ACT (FFCRA)
- SBA PAYCHECK PROTECTION PROGRAM (PPP - updated as of Monday, April 27, 2020)
The federal U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) resumed accepting Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) applications from participating lenders on Monday, April 27, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
- The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
- SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.
- You can apply through any existing SBA 7(a) lender or through any federally insured bank or credit union that is participating.
- You should consult with your local lender as to whether it is participating in the program.
For information and details, please visit: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program
For questions, please contact your local lender or SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955
COUNTY RESOURCES - HEALTH
MISC - SOCIAL SUPPORT
- OLDSMAR ASSISTANCE HOTLINE
- OLDSMAR LIBRARY - VIRTUAL CARD
- OLDSMAR CARES
- 2-1-1 TAMPA BAY CARES
- AREA AGENCY ON AGING
- DIRECTIONS FOR LIVING - SUPPORT CALL LINE
- DONATE PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- PINELLAS COUNTY SCHOOLS
- PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
- PINELLAS COUNTY HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
- MATTIE WILLIAMS NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER
- TRANSPORTATION - NEIGHBORLY CARE NETWORK
- TRANSPORTATION - PINELLAS SUNCOAST TRANSIT AUTHORITY
- LOCAL NEWS - TAMPA BAY TIMES
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS RESOURCE GUIDE
- BUY A GIFT CARD FROM A LOCAL BUSINESS
ACTIVITIES - KIDS
- ART FOR KIDS HUB
- COLORING PAGES
- CRAFT PROJECTS
- CRAFTS BY AMANDA
- DAILY DOODLE
- ECB GAMES
- FACE DRAWER
- GARDEN CRAFTS
- GLAZIER CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
- GOOGLE ARTS & CULTURE
- HIGHLIGHTS FOR KIDS
- INDOOR ACTIVITIES
- KIDS CRAFTS
- MAKER STATIONS
- MISS SUDA’S DANCERS - Email Instructor
- MY HOW TO DRAW’S
- PBS KIDS
- POP ART DOODLE
- RECYCLED ARTS & CRAFTS
- SKATEBOARDING TRICKS
- SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE
- STORYTIME WITH MR. ANTHONY
- THE OT TOOL BOX
- THUNDERBUG ACTIVITIES