2022 Municipal Election Qualifying Period Basics
Open Seats (Serving 3 years from March 22, 2022 to March 18, 2025)
Council Seat 2
Council Seat 4
Begins: October 19, 2021, 8:30 am
Ends: November 19, 2021, 5:00 pm
Qualifying Requirements (Must be completed by November 19, 2021, 5:00 pm)
- City of Oldsmar resident for at least one year prior to the first date of the qualifying period (October 19, 2021)
- Registered voter in the City limits of Oldsmar
- Proper submittal of all paperwork, within dates specified by City Clerk
- 150 petition cards, supplied by City Clerk, signed by registered voters within the City limits of Oldsmar, and verified by Pinellas County
- $25 Filing Fee
- $84 Election Assessment for Council Member, $108 Election Assessment for Mayor, or waiver form
Ann Nixon, MMC, Oldsmar City Clerk
100 State Street West, Oldsmar, FL 34677
1. Complete the DS-DE 9 form available at this link: https://fldoswebumbracoprod.blob.core.windows.net/media/693631/dsde9.pdf
2. Submit the form to the City Clerk’s office. Personnel will date stamp the original and provide a copy for your records. Be sure to have your copy with you for the next step.
3. Open your campaign account at a local financial institution after submitting the DSDE9 to the City Clerk’s office. Set aside a couple of hours. Historically candidates have remarked on the process taking that long. Be sure to get some temporary checks, you will need them for the next step. Make sure the name of the account is as follows: Name Campaign Account for City Council Seat Number
4. After opening the campaign account, call any of the following numbers to schedule a Candidate Packet appointment with the Clerk: (813) 749-1115; 749-1116; 749-1117; 749-1118. Plan for 1 hour and please bring your Campaign Treasurer if possible.
5. At the Candidate Packet meeting, you will write the $25.00 check for the filing fee from your campaign account and receive the Candidate’s and Campaign Treasurer’s Packets. We will go over financial reporting, campaign signs, petition cards, timelines, due dates, information requests, and other items. Petition cards will be available for pick up October 5th.