The ideal candidate is a local government generalist who enjoys making a difference while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We are seeking an experienced, skilled, and innovative local government professional to add to the City’s dedicated, senior management team.
Highly responsible professional and technical work, providing leadership and strategic vision while collaborating to address critical needs. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the City Manager.
The ACM will provide leadership to several departments and direct cross-departmental projects that provide solutions and frameworks to enhance service delivery in a growing city with growing demands.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential job functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.
- Assist the City Manager in conducting complex managerial and administrative functions in support of City operations and City Council strategic priorities.
- Effectively lead and direct assigned departments, projects, programs, and activities to produce desired results.
- Work in a team environment and establish and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Research and analyze program issues, evaluate alternatives, make sound recommendations, and prepare effective staff reports and presentations.
- Manage multiple projects and perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Effectively represent the City in contacts with other governmental agencies, community groups, various business, professional, educational, and regulatory organizations, news media, and the public.
- Effectively communicate at a superior level verbally and in writing, including the capacity to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondences, policies, procedures, and technical documents.
- Respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for information in an ethical and timely manner, effectively listen to others.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgement within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines; and exercise integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget, which is based on the organizational values, strategic initiatives, service levels, resident input, and performance measures.
- Serves as Acting City Manager in her absence.
- Serves on Management team for Collective Bargaining, in role assigned by City Manager, and administers bargaining unit contract.
- Performs other related work, as required.
- (These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.)