Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and practices utilized in municipal government operations, including the laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations regarding local government operations, organization, administration, municipal finance, and personnel.
- Knowledge of applicable legal guidelines and standards affecting the administration of delegated department and program areas.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources management.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budget development, administration, and accountability including funding sources impacting program and service development.
- Knowledge of principles of local government procurement procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of effective strategic planning, organizing, and project management methods.
- Knowledge of principles of effective public relations and interrelationships with stakeholders including community groups and agencies, private businesses and firms, and other levels of government.
- Knowledge of techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with vendors, contractors, and City staff.
- Computer and cybersecurity systems, in a network environment.
- Skill in public presentations.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to effectively supervise subordinate employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and make comments and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Ability to analyze and solve administration problems and render advice and assistance.
- Ability to use sound, ethical, independent judgment in decision making.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction).
- Acceptable hearing (with or without correction).
- Works in an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)