The Harbor Palms residential neighborhood is comprised of approximately 600 homes. The City acquired the Development’s utilities in the 1980’s at the community’s request. Infrastructure improvements are required as the existing utilities are approximately 40 years old, consisting of substandard materials that do not meet City utility design standards. The sidewalks and gutters are deteriorating and the frequent restoration required as a result of utility repairs is further impacting the condition of the roadways and sidewalks. The drainage system in the area is also in need of improvements due to an existing drainage pipe located in the rear of the homes on Tangerine, which is in poor condition with limited to no access.
Status and History
- Final Construction Documents due by March 2018
- Sewer lining to begin January 23, 2018 (see project documents)
- 90% Design currently being finalized
- Public Meeting held Monday, November 13 at TECO Hall - per plan after 60% Design Submittal (approx Fall 2017)
- Public Meeting held 5 PM, September 26th, 2016 at TECO Hall (General project information- see project documents)