You can help keep your City stormwater system, roads, and waterways clean by joining the Adopt-A-Street program! The program provides opportunities for individuals, businesses, clubs, civic groups, and other organizations to adopt a section of of City-maintained streets and play an important role in the appearance and function of our City assets.
Why Is Your Help Needed?
With the amount of trash littered on the roadside every day, your involvement is becoming increasingly important. Litter on the ground gets picked up with the stormwater every time it rains and flows directly to our waterways. Adopt-A-Street allows citizens and businesses to demonstrate community pride, make a positive statement for a clean and attractive community, and have a better understanding of stormwater pollution.
- Prevent flooding due to litter clogging storm drains and ditches.
- Keep our surrounding environment, including stormwater inlets, clean and functional.
- Reduce litter along Oldsmar roadways while increasing beautification and community pride.
- Increase public awareness about public works infrastructure, stormwater management, and the environmental impacts of littering.
- Adopt an available 1 mile of roadway and agree to clean both sides of it at least quarterly.
- Two signs will be put up with your group's name in either direction on your section of street.
- Schedule your cleanups, review the safety information, and complete the post-cleanup report.
How To Adopt-A-Street
- Select an available street for adoption from the list/map.
- Fill out the request form and return via email to the Sustainability Coordinator.
- After your first clean-up, the City will create personalized signage and install it a the beginning and ending points along the adopted street reflecting your group's commitment.