THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Residential customers will not receive solid waste or recycling pickup services on Thursday, November 24th.
Residential customers with a normal solid waste services on Thursday, November 24th will be picked up on Monday, November 28th.
Residential customers with a normal recycling pickup services on Thursday, November 24th will be picked up on Friday November 25th.
Residential customers with a normal recycling pickup services on Friday, November 25th will be picked up on Saturday November 26th.
The City of Oldsmar is proud to have been the first city in Pinellas County to offer single-stream recycling. Single-stream recycling allows residents to combine all recyclable materials into one single cart for collection instead of having to sort.
Coastal Waste & Recycling will collect residential recycling once a week.
Please have yard waste at the curb by 7:00 A.M. on your pickup day.
Cart shall be relocated after collection to a point inside, at the side, or the rear of the structure of residence no later than 7:00 P.M. the day of collection. If the cart is blocked or placed in an unsafe location, a notice tag will be placed on the cart.
Pickup is weekly.
- Only bottles and jugs
- Rinse thoroughly
- Remove lids and throw in trash (if smaller than palm of your hand)
Glass Bottles and Jars
Remove lids and rinse; recycle metal lids and discarded plastic ones.
- All food and beverage cans – please rinse
- Clean metal paint cans; recycle lid separately
- Juice/soup boxes (remove and discard straw)
- Milk/juice cartons
- Spiral cardboard cans (frozen juice cans, paper potato chip cans, etc.)
Paper and Cardboard
- Clean and dry with no food residue
- Box-board boxes (cereal, shoes, etc.) – remove and discard plastic windows and non-paper inserts. Please flatten.
- Corrugated cardboard – flatten and tie in bundles no larger than 36” x 36” x 12”.
- No shredded paper
Materials Not Accepted
Do not recycle these items:
- Pizza boxes with grease or food residue
- Styrofoam packaging, cups, and trays
- Plastic clam-shell packaging (commonly used for baking products and strawberries)
- Microwavable plastics
- Disposable party cups
- Plastics bags or plastic wrap
- Household appliances, toys, CD cases, plastic hangers
- Broken glass bottles or jars
- Drinking glasses, plates, dishes, mugs, cookware, etc.
- Window and mirror glass
- Light bulbs
- Paper towels, tissues, napkins, plates, etc.
- Construction paper and dark colored paper
- Paper take-out food containers, plastic tableware
- Potato chip and snack food bags
- Plastic coated hangers, cutlery, pots/pans, screws, nails, etc.
- Propane cylinders
- Tanglers - such as chains, hoses, and light strands
- Aluminum foil