The City of Oldsmar is proud to have been the first city in Pinellas County to offer single-stream recycling. Single-stream recycling allows residents to combine all recyclable materials into one single cart for collection instead of having to sort.
Coastal Waste & Recycling will collect residential recycling once a week.
Please have yard waste at the curb by 7:00 A.M. on your pickup day.
Cart shall be relocated after collection to a point inside, at the side, or the rear of the structure of residence no later than 7:00 P.M. the day of collection. If the cart is blocked or placed in an unsafe location, a notice tag will be placed on the cart.
Pickup is weekly.
- Only bottles and jugs
- Rinse thoroughly
- Remove lids and throw in trash (if smaller than palm of your hand)
Glass Bottles and Jars
Remove lids and rinse; recycle metal lids and discarded plastic ones.
- All food and beverage cans – please rinse
- Clean metal paint cans; recycle lid separately
- Juice/soup boxes (remove and discard straw)
- Milk/juice cartons
- Spiral cardboard cans (frozen juice cans, paper potato chip cans, etc.)
Paper and Cardboard
- Clean and dry with no food residue
- Box-board boxes (cereal, shoes, etc.) – remove and discard plastic windows and non-paper inserts. Please flatten.
- Corrugated cardboard – flatten and tie in bundles no larger than 36” x 36” x 12”.
- No shredded paper
Materials Not Accepted
Do not recycle these items:
- Pizza boxes with grease or food residue
- Styrofoam packaging, cups, and trays
- Plastic clam-shell packaging (commonly used for baking products and strawberries)
- Microwavable plastics
- Disposable party cups
- Plastics bags or plastic wrap
- Household appliances, toys, CD cases, plastic hangers
- Broken glass bottles or jars
- Drinking glasses, plates, dishes, mugs, cookware, etc.
- Window and mirror glass
- Light bulbs
- Paper towels, tissues, napkins, plates, etc.
- Construction paper and dark colored paper
- Paper take-out food containers, plastic tableware
- Potato chip and snack food bags
- Plastic coated hangers, cutlery, pots/pans, screws, nails, etc.
- Propane cylinders
- Tanglers - such as chains, hoses, and light strands
- Aluminum foil