The City will collect residential garbage 2 times per week.
All household garbage and trash shall be drained of liquid, bagged, and sealed airtight prior to placement in residential automated garbage carts to prevent litter, odors, and vermin. Carts and containers shall be filled to allow lids to fully close and shall not be overloaded.
Only household garbage and small amounts of loose yard waste shall be placed in automated residential garbage carts and not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
Place your collection containers at the curb before 7:00 A.M. on your scheduled pickup day and make sure that they are:
- Placed within 2 feet of the curb or edge of pavement with the handle facing away from the pavement.
- Placed at least 3 feet away from any other object, including but not limited to other carts, bulk waste, trees, mailboxes, parked cars, or utility lines.
- If cart is blocked or placed in an unsafe location, a notice tag will be placed on the cart.
Cart shall be relocated after collection to a point inside, at the side, or the rear of the structures of residence no later than 7:00 P.M. the day of collections.
Pickup is bi-weekly.
Common Reasons for Non-Collections
- Set-out occurred after 7:00 A.M.
- Items were hidden, and the driver did not see them (i.e. blocked from view by a parked car)
- Cart placed within 3 feet of another object
- Incorrect or overflowing container
- Some items placed in cart are not accepted by the City’s waste/recycling program
If none of these apply and by 5:00 P.M. collection has still not occurred, contact us.