Do I need a permit for a block party?

Yes. Temporary Use Permits are required for activities such as races, walkathons, charitable sales, art shows and festivals, erection of tents, block parties, road closings and any other situations which are outside the normal scope of permitted activities for a location, or which may have some impact on the community. Permits are also required for private activities at city facilities, such as races, concerts, weddings, private parties, and other similar gatherings not sponsored by the city. Call the Leisure Services Department at 813-749-1260 for events held in parks or other city facilities. For all other special events or general information, call the Planning and Redevelopment Department at 813-749-1121.

Show All Answers

1. What is considered a “nuisance”?
2. Who maintains the area between the sidewalk and the street?
3. My neighbor has an unlicensed car parked in the driveway. What can be done?
4. The neighbor’s dog is barking, what can I do?
5. What is the leash law for my pet in the city?
6. Can I bring my dog to the beach or park?
7. How many cats and dogs can I have?
8. My neighbors are having a party and being extremely loud. Who do I call?
9. Can I store a boat or recreational vehicle at my house?
10. Do I need a permit for a block party?
11. Why did i get a parking ticket from the city? I have always parked in that area and have not had any problems before.
12. What areas of the city are subject to parking tickets?
13. How do I fight/contest a parking ticket?
14. Why can't I pay for my parking ticket at City Hall?
15. I have a Handicap Placard, why did I get a parking ticket for illegally parking in a handicap spot?